Steve Sabol has brain tumor
MOUNT LAUREL, N.J. (AP) - NFL Films president Steve Sabol will undergo radiation and chemotherapy treatment after doctors discovered a tumor on the left side of his brain.
NFL.com cites an NFL Films statement Friday about the 68-year-old Sabol, who was hospitalized March 5 in Kansas City, Mo., after suffering a seizure.
“(Sabol) will begin treatments soon,” the company's statement said. “Steve is in good spirits and is deeply appreciative of everyone's good wishes.”
Sabol has worked with NFL Films since 1964. His father, Ed, was elected on the day before the Super Bowl last month to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- Titans owner promises NFL will play in 2011
- Bills to host QB Cam Newton in pre-draft visit
- NFL players: Lockout causing 'irreparable harm'
- NY judge limits NFL in workers comp cases
- APNewsBreak: Former NFL players join lockout fight
- Vick co-defendant returned to prison for 11 months
- USA Football to study injuries
- Boxing, soccer among ways NFL players keeping busy
- Eagles tackle Jason Peters arrested in La.
- NFL Draft Compensatory Picks List
- Panthers get 3 compensatory draft picks
- Report: Tressel forwarded emails to QB's mentor
- Report: Tressel sent emails to QB's mentor
- Packers DE Jolly arrested on drug charge again
- Ex-NFL player gets 5 years for probation violation
- Giants, Bills, Panthers, Jets change ticket plans
- Metrodome roof replacement begins
- Cleveland Browns fan sues over NFL lockout
- Metrodome roof replacement to begin Friday
- AP Source: Giants QB Manning welcomes daughter
- Lions QB Stafford tweets that he's throwing again
- NFL players conclude meetings, await court date
- Parcells no longer with Dolphins, will help ESPN
- Rams will not hire QBs coach
- Eagles Hall of Famer Bednarik hospitalized
- Judge puts ex-Cowboy Eugene Lockhart behind bars
- Difficult welcome to NFL for new coaches
- Judge could put ex-Cowboy Lockhart behind bars
- Air Force disciplines pilots for low Iowa flyover
- Former players Flutie, Kelly recall 18-game grind