Report: Tressel sent emails to QB's mentor
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - The Columbus Dispatch is reporting that Ohio State football coach Jim Tressel forwarded emails to Terrelle Pryor's mentor that accused the star quarterback of selling memorabilia to a man under federal investigation.
Citing unnamed sources, the newspaper reports Friday that Tressel sent the information to Ted Sarniak, a businessman in Pryor's hometown of Jeannette, Pa.
Ohio State director of compliance Doug Archie tells the paper that Sarniak and Pryor are longtime friends and that Sarniak was the player's primary contact during recruiting.
Tressel will sit out the first five games next season and was fined $250,000 by the university for failing to notify the school about emails he received last April involving two players and questionable activities involving the sale of memorabilia.
- Titans owner promises NFL will play in 2011
- Bills to host QB Cam Newton in pre-draft visit
- NFL players: Lockout causing 'irreparable harm'
- NY judge limits NFL in workers comp cases
- APNewsBreak: Former NFL players join lockout fight
- Vick co-defendant returned to prison for 11 months
- USA Football to study injuries
- Boxing, soccer among ways NFL players keeping busy
- Eagles tackle Jason Peters arrested in La.
- NFL Draft Compensatory Picks List
- Panthers get 3 compensatory draft picks
- Report: Tressel forwarded emails to QB's mentor
- Report: Tressel sent emails to QB's mentor
- Packers DE Jolly arrested on drug charge again
- Ex-NFL player gets 5 years for probation violation
- Giants, Bills, Panthers, Jets change ticket plans
- Metrodome roof replacement begins
- Cleveland Browns fan sues over NFL lockout
- Metrodome roof replacement to begin Friday
- AP Source: Giants QB Manning welcomes daughter
- Lions QB Stafford tweets that he's throwing again
- NFL players conclude meetings, await court date
- Parcells no longer with Dolphins, will help ESPN
- Rams will not hire QBs coach
- Eagles Hall of Famer Bednarik hospitalized
- Judge puts ex-Cowboy Eugene Lockhart behind bars
- Difficult welcome to NFL for new coaches
- Judge could put ex-Cowboy Lockhart behind bars
- Air Force disciplines pilots for low Iowa flyover
- Former players Flutie, Kelly recall 18-game grind