NFL players: Lockout causing 'irreparable harm'
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - NFL players are defending their decision to disband the union, saying employers cannot force workers to form a union.
The players made the statements Monday in a court document filed in response to the NFL's assertion decertification was “a sham.”
The players are asking a federal judge to halt a lockout imposed by owners, saying an injunction is needed to “stop the irreparable harm being inflicted today.” A hearing on the issue is scheduled for April 6 in St. Paul, Minn.
Owners locked out the players on March 11 shortly after lawyers for Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and seven other NFL players filed an antitrust suit and injunction request.
The owners argued last week that the court has no legal grounds to prevent a lockout.
- Titans owner promises NFL will play in 2011
- Bills to host QB Cam Newton in pre-draft visit
- NFL players: Lockout causing 'irreparable harm'
- NY judge limits NFL in workers comp cases
- APNewsBreak: Former NFL players join lockout fight
- Vick co-defendant returned to prison for 11 months
- USA Football to study injuries
- Boxing, soccer among ways NFL players keeping busy
- Eagles tackle Jason Peters arrested in La.
- NFL Draft Compensatory Picks List
- Panthers get 3 compensatory draft picks
- Report: Tressel forwarded emails to QB's mentor
- Report: Tressel sent emails to QB's mentor
- Packers DE Jolly arrested on drug charge again
- Ex-NFL player gets 5 years for probation violation
- Giants, Bills, Panthers, Jets change ticket plans
- Metrodome roof replacement begins
- Cleveland Browns fan sues over NFL lockout
- Metrodome roof replacement to begin Friday
- AP Source: Giants QB Manning welcomes daughter
- Lions QB Stafford tweets that he's throwing again
- NFL players conclude meetings, await court date
- Parcells no longer with Dolphins, will help ESPN
- Rams will not hire QBs coach
- Eagles Hall of Famer Bednarik hospitalized
- Judge puts ex-Cowboy Eugene Lockhart behind bars
- Difficult welcome to NFL for new coaches
- Judge could put ex-Cowboy Lockhart behind bars
- Air Force disciplines pilots for low Iowa flyover
- Former players Flutie, Kelly recall 18-game grind