Eagles Hall of Famer Bednarik hospitalized
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - Philadelphia Eagles Hall of Famer Chuck Bednarik is in serious condition in a hospital near his Pennsylvania home.
A nursing supervisor at St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem would not provide additional information on the condition of the 85-year-old former star.
Bednarik played linebacker and center for the Eagles long after the heyday of two-way players. His game-saving tackle helped the Eagles capture the 1960 NFL championship, the last title won by the franchise.
He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1967.
- Titans owner promises NFL will play in 2011
- Bills to host QB Cam Newton in pre-draft visit
- NFL players: Lockout causing 'irreparable harm'
- NY judge limits NFL in workers comp cases
- APNewsBreak: Former NFL players join lockout fight
- Vick co-defendant returned to prison for 11 months
- USA Football to study injuries
- Boxing, soccer among ways NFL players keeping busy
- Eagles tackle Jason Peters arrested in La.
- NFL Draft Compensatory Picks List
- Panthers get 3 compensatory draft picks
- Report: Tressel forwarded emails to QB's mentor
- Report: Tressel sent emails to QB's mentor
- Packers DE Jolly arrested on drug charge again
- Ex-NFL player gets 5 years for probation violation
- Giants, Bills, Panthers, Jets change ticket plans
- Metrodome roof replacement begins
- Cleveland Browns fan sues over NFL lockout
- Metrodome roof replacement to begin Friday
- AP Source: Giants QB Manning welcomes daughter
- Lions QB Stafford tweets that he's throwing again
- NFL players conclude meetings, await court date
- Parcells no longer with Dolphins, will help ESPN
- Rams will not hire QBs coach
- Eagles Hall of Famer Bednarik hospitalized
- Judge puts ex-Cowboy Eugene Lockhart behind bars
- Difficult welcome to NFL for new coaches
- Judge could put ex-Cowboy Lockhart behind bars
- Air Force disciplines pilots for low Iowa flyover
- Former players Flutie, Kelly recall 18-game grind